Richard joined the Criminal Department of Faradays Solicitors as in-house Counsel in January 2018. Previously he was employed as a barrister at a Criminal defence practice in South London specialising in serious crime; he managed a varied caseload which covered the full spectrum of offences from petty larceny to complex terrorism matters. He accepts instructions in both privately funded and Legal Aid work.
Notwithstanding the changing landscape and increasing commercial pressures, Richard remains steadfastly committed to criminal defence work. He aims to provide pragmatic advice and a robust and professional service to clients navigating the criminal court process.
Outside of work Richard maintains an academic interest in American legal studies, developing his modest art collection and spending time with his young family.
BPTC City University (formerly ICLS)
LLB Hons University of Sussex
The Honourable Society of Middle Temple
Howard League for Penal Reform
Youth Justice Legal Centre
- R v M (Operation Cranfield) Southwark Crown Court: Led junior in multi-handed conspiracy to import cocaine from continental Europe transported by helicopter in specially adapted concealed compartments;
- R v M Snaresbrook Crown Court: Defendant charged with ABH, alleged assault captured on CCTV. Unanimous acquittal by jury after 30 minutes of deliberation.
- R v E Southwark Crown Court: Led Junior in 12-week trial £17,000,000 MTIC fraud - Defendant Director of umbrella company alleged to be involved in large scale VAT fraud involving sale of precious metals;
- R v K Snaresbrook Crown Court: Led Junior in 4-week trial Conspiracy to Supply Class A (cocaine) 32 KG. Case involved complex analysis of cell site and mobile telephone evidence.
- R v Y Wimbledon Youth Court: multi-handed witness intimidation case. 5 day trial in the Youth Court.