It is unlikely that you will be granted legal aid for a road traffic offence as these are usually “summary only” offences, meaning that they are dealt with in the Magistrates Court at a single hearing.
How much does legal representation for a road traffic offence cost?
We are able to represent you on a fixed – fee arrangement. This does not include barrister’s fees or other disbursements, including the instruction of experts or translators.
Typical fixed-fee arrangements include the following:
- Straight forward Guilty plea with one hearing: £500 + VAT
- Guilty plea with one hearing and obtaining expert evidence: £600 + VAT + disbursements (such as medical or experts reports)
- Subsequent hearings following Guilty plea: £300 + VAT for each additional hearing
- Not Guilty pleas/Trial: £2,000 + VAT + disbursement costs (such as barristers, interpreters, translators, doctors and other medical practitioners)
What do these prices include?
Guilty Plea prices include:
- Initial meeting to ascertain the facts of your case and take your instructions
- Consider the evidence for your particular case and advice on the strength of the evidence against you
- Arrange to take any witness statements if necessary
- We will explain the court procedure to you so that you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court
- Attend and represent you at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
- We will discuss the outcome with you following the hearing . If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
What does the not guilty plea cost include?
This will include the full preparation of your case for a contested trial.
Our team has extensive experience in delivering high quality work relating to road traffic offence. Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by either Pan Symeou, Director or Sanjeev Shivalkar, Director who collectively have nearly 60 years experience in representing clients in such matters.